Vitamin E, a vitamin that plays the role of antioxidant, a vitamin that helps in preventing free radical damage to specific fats in the body that are essential for your health. It naturally slows ageing as it nourishes your skin. Not just this, it is an important fat-soluble vitamin that’s required for the proper functioning of many organs and neurological processes in our body.
Top Vitamin E Benefits:
- Controls Cholesterol: The isomers of Vitamin E can fight free radical damage in the body, which leads to cholesterol oxidation. Thus it acts as a protective antioxidant.
- Helps to maintain a healthy skin: Vitamin E maintains the moisture and elasticity of the skin, thus acting as a natural anti-ageing nutrient within your body. It also reduces inflammation within the body and on the skin, thus maintaining healthy and youthful skin. The antioxidant properties of Vitamin E in protecting against skin http://cieng.com/a-104-373-Headlines-CI-Moves-Up-81-Spots-in-ENR-Top-500.aspx cancer.
- Gives you shiny hair: As Vitamin E is a powerful antioxidant it helps in protecting your hair from the environmental damage. As it retains the moisture in your skin, you are free from a dry or flaky scalp.
- Essential for a regular menstrual cycle: Vitamin E plays a crucial role in balancing hormones naturally. This helps in maintaining a healthy weight, a regular menstrual cycle and an energetic you.
- Important during pregnancy: Vitamin E is critical during pregnancy and for proper development in infants and children. Experts believe that vitamin E is essential during the 1,000-day window beginning at the conception of the baby. This is because vitamin E impacts early stages of neurologic and brain development that happens during this one specific period only.
Rich Source of Vitamin E – Almonds
Though there are many foods, like Sunflower seeds, kiwis, Hazelnuts, Avocado, Broccoli, Spinach etc, that are helpful in providing Vitamin E to your body. But I have a special preference for Almonds. They are an easy source of incorporating Vitamin E into our daily routine.
Almonds are not just a rich source of Vitamin E but also fibre, protein and magnesium. With just one ounce of Almonds comes in 37% of the recommended daily intake of Vitamin E. Almonds are rich in fibre (with the skin) and proteins, which are known to increase satiety. Thus you feel more full and end up eating fewer calories.
Here are the 5 easy ways to follow link use almonds in your daily routine:
1.Make your breakfast tastier:
I always add crushed almonds to my boring oats or cornflakes. This not just gives a rich taste but also keeps me full for longer durations. You can even have 4-5 almonds with a glass of milk if you have to rush for office.
2. Having Almond milk:
For Vegans or for people with lactose intolerance or for the people like me who hate the smell of cow milk, this can be a perfect option. All you need to do is blend 1 cup of almonds in 2.5 cups of water. Strain the paste with the help of muslin cloth and you have a good quantity of milk. Though you can store this for 2-3 days but its better to be consumed fresh. The residuals can be used to bake rich in taste muffins.
3. Almond butter:
You can not just make your bread healthier but even your salads. Just a scoop of Almond butter and you are good to go. To prepare this, you need to add the almonds to a high-speed blender and blend on low until creamy. Add salt as per your taste.
4. Make your gravy rich:
By just adding 7-8 almonds while making the grvies for Indian gravies, you can give a rich and a unique flavour to them. I always add them while making onion tomato paste for the gravy.
5. Badam Halwa (An Indian dessert):
This is an easy dessert that can be prepared with soaked almonds. Blend the soaked almonds to form a fine paste. Cook this with little ghee. Add milk and sugar and cook until the halwa thickens. Add cardamom powder for flavour.
6. Snack options:
Instead of having wafers and fries as evening snacks I prefer to have almonds. This has helped me in maintaining a good health.
7. A great face scrub:
Almond face scrub helped me in getting rid of the dead skin thus making it fresh and alive. Soak 7-8 almonds cloves for 2-3 hours in water. Drain and make the thick paste. Add 2tbsp of milk to give an extra glow to your skin. This gives a glow to your skin with natural vitamins and you feel fresh for a longer duration.
This is my mantra of incorporating Vitamin E into my daily routine, making me fit an healthy. what’s yours??