This is one easy-peasy cake recipe for babies and yes its mom approved as it has no maida and no sugar but the goodness of wheat, dry fruits and fruits.
I prepared this for the first time for a potluck party for kids at my son’s school. Trust me, with very little efforts you can win your little one’s heart with this cake.
All you need is:
- Wheat flour – 1 cup
- Milk – 1 cup
- Jaggery _ 1 cup
- Ghee – 3-4 tsp
- Dry fruits (of your choice) – 1/2 cup (optional)
- Banana – 2 small (or any other fruit that your child likes)
- Cardamom powder – 1/2 tsp
- Baking Powder – 1 tsp (optional)
How to bake the cake :
- In a pan, pour 1 spoon of ghee and fry the wheat flour.
- Once its brown, turn off the gas and let it cool for some time.
- In a blender add together banana, jaggery, and wheat flour and blend.
- Fry the dry fruits in ghee and mix it into the mixer of wheat flour. (If your child is small to have the whole of dry fruits blend them in the mixture)
- grease an aluminium cake mould with ghee and transfer the mixture into the plate.
- In a pressure cooker with little water place the mould adjusting the height (such as you do for dhokla)
- Close the lid without a whistle.
- Turn on the gas to medium flame for 30 – 35 mins.
- When the cake is cooked turn off and check with the help of knife or toothpick
- Once it cools down, slice and serve the cake with the spread of chocolate.
Hope you find this cake recipe for babies to be an easy one and Hope your little ones enjoy this!!