Happy New Year !!!
New Year , new hopes, new expectations, new thoughts and new resolutions….naaaah!!!
This time I decided to a better ‘NEW’. A new strategy to help me grow in a positive way all around the year. A new word of the year instead of new year resolutions. Setting up resolutions every year, makes me feel that these have set me up for more failures. At the end of every year, I analyzed what I was not able to achieve in that year and then the list used to add up to the next year’s resolution list. This became a never-ending process which ended in 2017 for me.
Choosing a word will be a kinder way to grow. It will surely give me more flexibility and less negativity of not achieving something. This will be my guide for the year – ‘ Believe ‘
I had two things in mind before I ended up choosing believe. One I wanted to have faith in myself and another I wanted to be fearless. Lack of these things have pulled me back from doing a lot of things.
The five wishes that I wish to accomplish, as I embrace this word are :
- Drive: Yes!! driving. For few of you it might sound a bit crazy but for a person like me who suffers from vehophobia, this is something huge. Learning to drive has become a really important thing now as I have a toddler with me. I am sure, this will make me more independent and hence such a wish.
- Ride my ‘earned’ bike: Once done with learning sessions I wish to buy a bike (Honda Navi, by the way) from my own earnings. (You see, believe is the word!!!)
- Resume my job: I started with blogging when I took a break from work, to write about my story of motherhood. I worked as a teacher and my soul lies with my kids. But going back to work when I am still a mom of a toddler, needs a brave heart. I will have to believe in myself that I can manage all my roles well (if not to perfection) to fulfill this wish of mine.
- Be fit: Slim doesn’t mean fit. With a lot of illness, 2017 has made me lose a lot of stamina which I need to build on. Regular exercise will fulfill this wish for me.
- Me time: I have loved reading books all my life apart from the three years of my motherhood journey. I wish I am able to make out some time for my hobbies to maintain my sanity.
So what have you decided for this year??
‘This post is a part of Write Over the Weekend, an initiative forIndian Bloggers by BlogAdda.